The first International Conference on Climate Services was held in NY, NY in October of 2013 with the goal of initiating a dialogue between experienced climate information providers and those who currently use or wish to use such information. The objective of the ICCS was to establish a climate services pilot program or network, with support from an international set of partners with experience in the implementation, design or use of climate information and services; it resulted in the creation of the Climate Services Partnership.
Please find the conference report and the conference statement here:
Conference presentations are also found below.
- Global Framework for Climate Services, Jerry Lengoasa (PDF)
- Climate Services — a US Perspective, Tom Karl (PDF)
- Climate Services in Practice — a UK Perspective, Chris Hewitt (PDF)
- Climate Services in Africa: Complexity in Context, Bruce Hewitson (PDF)
- US National Integrated Drought Information System, Roger Pulwarty (PDF)
- A Research Perspective on Climate Services, Simon Mason (PDF)
- A User Perspective on Climate Services, Maarten Van Aalst